oh friday, i am so happy to see you. it has been a long week my friend, and it feels like you took your own sweet time getting here. but, here you are, and i am so very thankful.
i am looking forward to this weekend for the following reasons:
- i will not be working (that is, after i stop working tomorrow on my day off. don't even get me started.)
- campout nights with popcorn, and catching up on project runway - one of malena's favorite shows as she loves to see the clothes that they make and be her own judge on who will win and lose. maybe we have a little fashion designer on our hands which would be totally good by me, especially if she hooks her mom up with her latest and greatest.
- sleep. and then some more sleep.
- lunch with one of my favorite peeps.
- some more scheming on christmas presents i am going to make.
- celebrating family birthdays for my brother and niece and the very first birthday for our little man isidro. very fun. you know i love birthdays, and the wishes that come along with them.
- eating my mom's gluten free swedish pancakes. yes please. i will take seconds, ok, maybe thirds;)
- did i mention not working and getting sleep?
- starting to read this book which i have only heard good things about (which kind of makes sense otherwise why would i be reading it, right?)
- putting a deposit down to get a tattoo appointment made - wow, those are words that i never thought would come out of my mouth if you had asked before the c-word came along.
- hopefully some bonding time with my craft room working on pictures. i have missed my craft room this week and i am pretty sure that it feels neglected and lonely. hoping we can reunite and patch things up this weekend.
- getting some happy mail ready to be sent out into the world.
- taking malena to the fair - and i can tell you what that adventure will pretty much revolve around...the horses, the horses, the horses. but they make her happy and so i am all over it.
- going to staples to get this background made into a poster for our family pictures next week. can you even imagine how cute malena is going to look taking pictures in front of that? i can, and i think that it is going to rock.
- seriously considering ordering this download to print and frame. i would love to look at those words everyday as barrett and i go about our daily lives.
- rereading this post which i thought was amazing and such a good reminder for us women on loving ourselves -- just the way we are. i could give myself some more of that love (hellos scars everywhere i look) just like everyone else can.
have a good weekend peeps, i hope yours doesn't include work, does include sleep, and definitely includes you making time for the things that really matter. xo