Sunday, April 27, 2014

around here

"allow beauty to shatter you regularly. the loveliest people are the ones who have been burnt and broken and torn at the seams, yet still send their open hearts into the world to mend with love again, and again, and again.
 
you must allow yourself to feel your life while you're in it."
 
(victoria erickson)
 
 
around here i am loving the above quote that my friend liz posted today.
 
around here i went to a glassblowing class and it was awesome. more on that soon.
 
around here we had campouts, smoothies, popcorn, little mermaid, and two mornings of sleeping in (which rocked).
 
around here we had a play date with a trip to the park, memory game, a restaurant in our living room with some very busy cooks and cashiers, all while wearing princess and fairy outfits.
 
around here i got some pictures developed from my trip to new york, and it made me want to hide in my friend kadeena's suitcase when she heads there later this week.
 
around here i downloaded elise's use your stash class and i kind of want time to stand still so that i can dive in.
 
around here i am really looking forward to wednesdays because elise's podcasts are so inspiring. i have a hard time going to work on thursdays because i just want to spend the day in my craft room.
 
around here i read this article and smiled to myself numerous times as i could relate to many of the things on the list, some people tell me i tend to trend towards a type a personality. i know, i don't get why they say that either;)
 
around here barrett and malena worked on our kiwi crate project and it was super fun as always.
 
around here i wished that the man behind me at costco realized that his cart didn't have breaks, and that brakes were what his hands were for, so that he didn't ram it into my ankles.
 
around here i am thankful when my favorite potato chips are in stock so that i can buy multiple bags to get me through the next couple of weeks.
 
around here i love hearing the words "mama, will you play with me"  --- even (insert deep sigh here) when it involves play dough (em -- i know that you hear me on that).
 
around here i have been seeing pictures from my friend jenny and wishing that she was my neighbor.
 
around here we had a great dinner with barrett's parents who are back from snowbirding in arizona and seemed to have brought some sunshine back with them.
 
around here i got in two runs over the weekend which felt really good. as i was running i thought about how crazy it is that i like to run, pretty sure that would have never have happened if melanoma hadn't entered my life and kicked me into gear to do things that i would not have otherwise ever dreamed of doing. it is helpful to remember the good things that have come from the bad.
 
around here i want this work week to be over because i am taking the next week off to be able to focus on getting through my scans. i am ready to just focus on myself and my family  and slow down.
 
around here my head is swirling with all of the things that i want to do if i get the all clear next week during scans. but as you know if you have read this blog long enough, i won't share those thoughts until after we get the results to not tempt the cancer fates to take my good thoughts away from me. but it is nice to have those thoughts, because there are moments when i think only about that list, and not about what the next six months will be like if i don't get good news.
 
around here i am growing increasingly anxious, scared, emotional, tired, you know it.
 
around here i am reminding myself that no matter what, i am going to fight.
 
around here, i might be saying just a couple of words that sound like "f*ck cancer" every now and then.
 
around here, i think that cancer deserves it.
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your "around here" posts. I want to be your neighbor. And yes, cancer definitely deserves it! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote and love your spirit!! Thinking of you and big hugs!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete