Wednesday, February 6, 2013

get out damn spot!

the surgeon does think that he can remove the nodule - whew. he is pretty sure that he can remove it with a minimally (although it doesn't sound so minimal to me) invasive surgery, where essentially i have three incisions made along my right side and they use their gizmos to work their magic. if that is not going to be successful, he will need to do larger incisions to work his magic. i support whatever option gets the nodule out. the decision will be made during surgery, so it will be a little surprise for me when i wake up. awesome. i am hoping for minimally invasive obviously as the recovery time is about 3-4 weeks, the other option is about 4-6 weeks. it will be what it will be, and i will take it as it comes. let's just get the damn thing out.

surgery will be on monday, the time is tbd - they will call me on friday afternoon and let me know. i will be in the hospital overnight if all goes as planned with the surgery and they can remove my chest tube (doesn't that sound super great? i know, i thought so too when i got to hear all about it, the pain it will cause me, and seeing pictures) the following day. if the surgery is more invasive, i will be in the hospital for a couple of days.

i am hoping for an early surgery time because i have to fast (i can't even drink water) after midnight on sunday so i will be a hungry munchkin come monday morning. i also get to take a shower with super special germ lotion on sunday night and monday morning - all of these  things are as fabulous as they sound. you know that when they say that you can't put the lotion into contact with your face or your hair that it is serious business.

it was a long day today. we were at the surgery center for over 5 hours to meet the surgeon, go through the do's and don'ts with the nurse, get my clearance for anesthestia, blood draw - all kinds of fun that i am sure you are super jealous of. right? i know, not so much.

on top of all of this, i have a really wicked cold coming on with an absolute vengeance and so i am downing oj and tylenol severe cold and allergy like no one's business. pretty sure that now is not a great time for me to be sick. barrett has the exact same problem - we are quite the duo four days away from surgery. we both look like rudolph, yep - again, i know you are wishing you were me.

trust me, life isn't always this glamarous around here;)

hope your wednesday was good, and your thursday is even better. xo



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I аctually еnjoуed reading it,
    уou're a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back down the road. I want to encourage you to continue your great job, have a nice day!
    Feel free to visit my website - Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete