Monday, September 3, 2012

weekender

a great three day weekend, packed with family and fun. my most favorite kind of weekend.

highlights included:
+++ berry lemonade mimosas. yum.
+++ breakfast at portage bay with the family to kick off jessica's 21st celebration.

+++ malena's first time at a putt putt golf course, she loved it. i think that we may have a professional player on our hands. look out tiger, here she comes.

+++ a day at emerald downs betting on the ponies. my longshots didn't come through, so i will be going back to work tomorrow. bummer. but it was a good day regardless, including some race watching with my dad.

+++ malena decided today that we needed to have another party for all of her animals. so we used our extra birthday plates and made a lunch of animal crackers and raisins. we also had to decorate all of the doors and windows with ribbons for the party. all of her animals had a great time. that girl definitely knows how to throw a good party.

hello tuesday, i like you better than monday, you get me one day closer to friday.

sidenote:
+++ if you have a child going into kindergarten this year (hooch, this is the one that i told you about), you need to read this, but you will need to grab some kleenex first. trust me.
+++ very inspired by the quote below that i saw on this blog post. a scar does not form on the dying. i am going to remember that each time i see one of my mine.

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. 
I was thinking, 
Do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? 
I thought that would be pretty too, 
and I ask you right here please to agree with me 
that a scar is never ugly. 
That is what the scar makers want us to think. 
But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. 
We must see all scars as beauty. 
Okay? This will be our secret. 
Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying.
 A scar means, I survived."
 -from Little Bee by Chris Cleave


No comments:

Post a Comment