Sunday, September 30, 2012

goodbye september


on this last september sunday, i am thankful for:
+++ my bro and sis-in-law being married for 23 years today. seems like just yesterday i was lighting those candles at their wedding.
+++ time spent with my family at our parents this weekend, good food, lots of laughter.
+++ my brother and sister's dad doing ok battling vertigo in the hospital, thankful that is not a more critical condition that created the need for his emergency ride yesterday.
+++ our neighbor who would helped out my neice at 12:30am when the key to our house broke in the lock, she had a dead cell phone, and we were two hours away.
+++ that when my mom woke me up at 12:45am it was for a situation we could remedy with a drive home at 3:30am and not because something more life altering had happened. that feeling of being woke up in the midle of the night because something is wrong is never good.
+++ an unexpected surprise visit from my sister. loved that.
+++ meeting my new great-nephew pierce for the first time. he is adorable.
+++ an unexpected 1am girls chat with my mom and sister when we couldn't get back to sleep.
+++ my mom's awesome gluten free apple crisp. yum.
+++ my mom's famous breakfast casserole combined with fresh fruit. double yum.
+++ my brother bringing me a big bottle of gluten free pale ale. wow, that cold beer tasted so very good. probably why it didn't last very long.
+++ hugs.
+++ this sage advice from my friend after reading my last post. she is so right and i will never feel the same way again about this type of encounter. healing. not hurting. love you hooch.
Think of it this way, for one fleeting moment you weren't thinking of cancer. You were thinking of the excitement of seeing old friends. I bet that a year ago, you would have thought about cancer first and would have walked past that room without saying hello. Even though the outcome wasn't what you expected, I think you should be proud, you thought friends first and cancer second. In my opinion, this is healing, and you, my dear friend should be proud of this accomplishment!
+++ my upcoming week of vacation. i have the next five days off of work. i am so ready for it.

hello monday, you are the start of a great week. i am really happy to see you.

2 comments:

  1. I am also thankful for those very same things. But particularly those wonderful neighbors who were able to help out my munchkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to find good information from your articles.

    Check out my web blog ... visit the official web site

    ReplyDelete