Tuesday, March 20, 2012

time to put my shoes on.....



registration is now open for the 2012 shore run/walk in seattle on june 10th. proceeds from the event, including registration fees, benefit the fred hutchinson survivorship program - a program that i have directly benefited from.

last year i did the walk for the first time with friends and family and it was an awesome experience. although i felt like hell and my legs were aching due to treatments, it felt so good to be doing something. to walk. to smell fresh air. to see the gorgeous views. to put one foot in front of other. to raise funds for a cause that i directly benefited from. to walk next to my family and friends. to make good memories. to feel loved and supported.

so i have created a team for this year's event called "alli's peeps". if you are in seattle, i would love it if you joined the team - you can walk or run different distances, you can choose the right one for you. if you would like to donate, i would really appreciate it. if you would like to send our team good thoughts on june 10th, that would be fabulous as well. all good vibes are much appreciated.

you can go to my personal page (and yes, i know that there are font errors, but i can't figure out how to fix that) to check out my page or to register to be on the team.

healing. one step at a time. here i go.

2 comments:

  1. Alli would love to do the walk with Alli's pep's this year! I went to the sign up page- what event is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally wish Brad and I could join in the walk. My doc says it will be too soon after knee surgery. Next year I am definitely in!!! Kerry

    ReplyDelete