Thursday, May 2, 2013

hello weekend

"don't look back, you aren't going that way"
(author unknown)
 
 
i saw that quote on wednesday morning, perfect timing to come across it the morning after my scan results. it was like it was meant to find its way to me. i thought about it on wednesday when we had some park time. malena climbed up way farther than she had ever before on a rope climb. she kept asking me for help on how to keep climbing, and i told her to just look up and take it a step at a time. don't look back towards the ground. focus on where you are heading, not where you have been. it worked, she got to the top. great advice for us to both follow.
 

 
 
on wednesday night, i read this blog post called "you are awesome" by nici holt-cline. i loved her words "I started running again. Or, I started running for the first time. I ran to feel good, to inhale, to move over mountains, to clear my head, to feel connected. I was strong. I was brave. With every step, I shoved my eating disorder into the earth. I ran and ran until my former self was a tiny, waving flag on a distant summit. And then I stopped turning around to wave back. And then I started only looking ahead." i felt like she was conveying my feeling with the scan results, stop turning around to wave back and start looking only ahead.

so onward we go.

chase is also going onward, here are the latest updates on our warrior
+++ lisa called this one "tmi" for too much information;) "Chase had an alright night....he didn't fall asleep until 1:00 am. That is way past mama's bedtime. That didn't last long. He was in and out through out the night. So needless to say not a good night sleep for anyone. His main problem was gas and the number 2. TMI...I know..but 4 bowel movements. This has been a consistent problem for a couple of days now. We have decided to give him some help. Not to actually go but to get him on a regular basis or some kind of schedule. He will be getting an enema right away in the morning to help regulate him. Hopefully that will work cause he is known for the room clearer lately. Like the saying goes "like father like son" (sorry honey).You put me in charge of a post and you never know what you are going to get! Chase has had a busy morning. RT, OT, PT and speech. Today in speech we decided to take away the vital stem treat. Chase has not been liking that lately. Not so much pain but discomfort. The therapist said he swallowed 50% more without the vital stem treatment on. So we are taking a break from that. Was so proud of him. His favorite this am was chocolate pudding. His cousin Drew must have prayed for him last night, the pudding was a hit. We have a break now and then off to more therapy this afternoon......."
+++ "Another Storm free day! Chasers day finished much better than it started. He had pretty uneventful afternoon with mom in therapy, but he did manage do the "criss-cross apple-sauce" in PT with both of his legs today- where as prior, he was only able to flex one of the legs in that position. He maintained a pretty drowsy mood all afternoon. When I arrived to the hospital after work, I walked into a snore fest, with mom sprawled out on the couch sawing logs, and Chase spread eagle on the bed- fast asleep. Thats what happens when mom lets the kids stay up late on a school night- they are tired the next day...huh- funny how that works..... Well dads hanging with him tonight, and he fell asleep at 8:45, just like he should :) He had some visitors today, which was great. A couple of them came after I arrived, and I was excited to see them -it has been too long since we laughed together. I gave him another 25 mins of FUN-therapy in the skyway. During this one, we listen to his favorite song from FUN and move his arms and legs around. He did very well. Before I started, his arms and legs were tense and his heart rate was high. After a couple of mins, he loosened up, heart rate dropped considerably, and he was even able to get his arms high enough to "raise the roof". As slow as he moved, I think he still looked better than I do on the dance floor! After our therapy session, we made a few laps back and forth on the skyway (all 68 paces of it) to feel the fresh air. When we got back to the room, we were greeted by his nurse with his nightly cocktail of meds, then to the tubby room, vest treatment.....and off to snoozeville. Although he didn't seem to do that much today, just as everyday that precedes it, I honestly believe that he is progressing. His eyes moved towards the sound of my voice a couple times today, especially during our brief time alone on the skyway. It was pretty exciting as his big brown glazed stare was aimed right at me- or at least in my direction! We are looking forward to a good day tomorrow, and just to be sure it starts off on the right foot- Dad is going bring up some bacon from the Cafeteria before I head to work. Sleep tight..... God IS Good!"

i hope that you all have a great weekend. the weather around here is supposed to be full of sunshine and blue sky, nice for a change - i will not miss the rain. at all. our weekend is going to include barrett and i taking a quick overnight trip to our favorite place to celebrate scan results + massage (yes!!!) + golf + qt with some of my favorite ladies + some cinco de mayo celebrating + start of new swim lessons for malena + a trip to the zoo. lots of fun ahead, can't wait. enjoy yours, this is the only time you will have this one weekend to enjoy. make the most of it. xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment