Wednesday, May 2, 2018

for beth

tomorrow i meet beth as it begins for her. with everything else she is going through, i also can't believe that she lost her grandmother last night. life is so cruel at times. and i just don't get it.

before i let beth tell you in her own words how she feels about what is coming up, i wanted to note that i think that i have connected everyone who told me they wanted to do happy mail for kaylee with crystal --- and everyone who told me they wanted to do happy mail for jennifer and michael with kristy. if i have not, reach out to me so i get you connected. if you are not signed up for a week for either of them and would like to be, it is never too late. just let me know and we will get you hooked up with all the details.

and here is a picture of kaylee that was posted today wishing her brother a happy birthday. go kaylee go.



now on to beth...gloves up for her tomorrow please. xo
So on top of everything else going on my grandma passed away last night.  My dad's mom.  Even though we knew this was coming it doesn't make it any less sad.  And it has been a long time in coming.  She will be missed. I am glad I saw her when I was back at Christmas and Lars got to meet her.  My aunt Judy would print out my Caring Bridge updates for my grandma and she would read them all and pray for me every day.   Grandma Louise I love you and I will miss you.  I am hoping I can get back for the funeral.  It will be shortly after my first infusion so I am not sure how I will feel.  I will talk to my nurse tomorrow at my appointment and see what they think.

Tomorrow the real stuff begins.  I check in at 7:50 am for my scans, scans at 8:50.  This is a baseline scan for the study.  Then at 10 am I meet with my nurse to go over the drugs and side effects.  Reading the materials this past weekend was not fun.  It's so daunting.   Alli is coming with me which is so sweet.  She volunteered.  I know she knows this routine but I also don't like her having to sit by my side when she doesn't need to be at SCCA.  But I know she wouldn't have it any other way.

Friday the port gets installed.  Check in at 11:30, installation at 12:30.  It takes about an hour and then I'll be in recovery for a bit before I go home.  My friend Kristie is taking me. We are trying to preserve Lars's sick days for infusions and what else may come before the end of the school year.  Once the port goes in it is really real.  I still hate that thing and don't look forward to it being placed back in. Last time it hurt when it went in, so hopefully it won't hurt as much this time.   I do though have great friends who will go with me to appointments and I thank everyone who has volunteered to go with me, I will be reaching out in the future to take you up on that.

I got an updated schedule yesterday.  My first infusion starts Tuesday 5/15.  It will be a long day starting with labs at 9:30 and infusion going from 2-7.  uggh.   That means I am getting both drugs with that long of an appointment.  A little less than 2 weeks away.  Too soon.  It's coming too quick.

I don't have anything else beyond that for my schedule.

I am sure I will send another update this weekend after my appointments.

Thank you for your love, support and prayers.  And thank you for my grandma Louise.

No comments:

Post a Comment