Monday, November 25, 2013

thankful (twenty five) + happy birthday chase

on this twenty fifth day of the month, i am thankful for:

+++ malena cracking us up early this morning as we were getting ready for school
+++ the first fifteen minutes of my commute when it was smooth sailing and there was no traffic, not so much thankful for the other 45 minutes that was a complete stop and go grind
+++ my headphones so that i can listen to music
+++ pineapple
+++ hugs
+++ seat warmers in my car
+++ the feeling of walking into my house and being home
+++ our neighbors being the first ones in the neighborhood to put up their christmas lights, it was so great to see the glow of those lights tonight as i pulled around the corner
+++ kind words in my inbox
+++ beautiful blue sky in the morning

a couple of things to share:
++ today is chase's birthday and here is his birthday update -- happy birthday chaser!

"Hey Chaser,

We have been writing about you and sharing your journey with everyone since your accident. Today is a very special day for you, and I want to write one to you, and not about you. It was 5 years ago today you were born into this world, and almost 8 months to the day that we almost lost you. I can't imagine there are too many parents that can say that their 5yr old son has taught them more about life and the world in 8 months - than they had learned in 40 years, but Chaser, I can! I want to thank you for showing me a better world, and a better side of the people in it. I want to thank you for teaching me that quitting is not an option, and that if you dig deep, and sometimes even deeper, you will find the strength to press on....And buddy, I want to thank you for proving to me that trust in God is just not an expression- that if you do he will get you through. Every year at Thanksgiving we have always shared what we are thankful for- This year Chaser, there are many things we have to be thankful for, but one thing is the same for your mom, Ava, Tanner and I..... and that Chase.....is you! We may never know why this happened to you, and to be honest with you, it really doesn't matter. What matters is that someday you will be reading this, and along your journey of recovery, not only are you learning new things, but so are we-from you! I made a promise to you and the Big Guy 8 months ago on the deck of that cruise ship that I will keep until the moment I breath my last breath! - I believe, and ALWAYS WILL believe in you- You make me proud to call you my son. Happy Birthday BT!"
++ sad news that nick auden passed away from stage iv melanoma, his story touched so many lives including some of you that i know signed the petition referenced in the article
+++ i thought this article on the seattle no is awesome and totally cracked me up because it is so true (thanks em for sharing - xo)
++ i am so getting one of these t-shirts for big kids like me
++ i think the video for say something is pretty amazing (get a kleenex)
++ i am in love with kelly's hearts

happy tuesday peeps. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment