Wednesday, August 8, 2012

medal

it will be gone before you know it.
the fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher.
then suddenly they disappear.
(dorothy evslin)

today was a looong day at work, one problem after another. grueling actually.

then i got to leave to head to malena's soccer practice, and everything turned around. she just started soccer in the beginning of july and she is doing great. it is such a treat on tuesdays to get to watch her play for an hour and a half. smiling. running. laughing. kicking the ball. not using her hands (we are getting better with that one) to get the ball. i love every minute of it. i love to watch her play.

today she got a medal for being a good teamplayer. as we we were walking to the car, i told her how much i loved watching her play with her friends and how well she did at practice. she asked me why i didn't have a medal, and i told her that was because i just got to watch her play. she said "that's ok mommy, i will share my medal with you" and took if off of her neck and put it on mine. i thought that my heart was going to burst wide open.




all of the issues of the day were worth it. i got to have that moment with her.

i am a lucky, lucky mom. i have a medal to prove it.

sidenotes:
+++ jill p - you rock, as you can tell from the quote, i got my fun mail today. thank you. thank you. thank you.
+++ i have heard this song more times that i can remember and always liked it. but i never knew the background on it and that it was inspired by cancer. i will never hear it the same way again. thank you wallace, you are awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alli,
    I've just learned about your story and blog. Your little girl is adorable and reminds me of my little granddaughter. I'm 3b mel, admin Melanoma Prayer Center on FB, and wanted to let you know you're held in prayer and I've added your blog to my list of melanoma bloggers that I call They Dare To Care:
    http://letsgivethanks.blogspot.com/2012/01/they-dare-to-care.html
    Prayers and blessings.

    ReplyDelete