Saturday, December 22, 2018

Family update and thank you



Alli would probably definitely get mad at me if I only wrote about her while I am in control of this blog and we all know I don't want her mad at me when we get home.  At a work meeting we were in together Alli once dropped the line "Mr. Hanson should listen to Mrs. Hanson". I may not have listened that time but I'm listening this time.  



As important as it is to both Alli and I to be open and honest with Malena about everything it has been equally, if not more, important to always keep things as “normal” as we can for her.  With all the tough conversations these last two weeks have required it has been wonderful that Malena has been able to have play dates with her best friend Tori and do many of our annual traditions for this time of year.    





Those traditions included decorating a gingerbread house Tuesday when Alli got home and going to Snowflake Lane last night.  Snowflake Lane was bittersweet for all of us.  There were a couple of sad moments as you would expect but there were also so many smiles and laughs throughout the night with the Estrada’s.  The telling the jokes, laughing at something silly that was said, including Malena tossing out the idea that since the “snow” is soap that being there should count as her shower, the just being a kid and a family.  Cancer wasn’t going to stop there being some fun for all of us in that moment.

On that note, I also want to thank everyone for all the generosity and messages that we have gotten.  From the happy mail to the text messages, from the dinners to the GoFundMe page, and of course the amazing lip sync video.  They have all been received with appreciation, laughter, tears, and joy, many all at the same time, from the entire family.  You all have truly epitomized and brought to life her saying “wherever she fights, you fight” and we couldn’t do it without all of you.  I may not get to replying to every text and my better half has the card making skills I don’t possess but the outreach and support has meant the world to me.  I want to end this blog with a heartfelt thank you. 

5 comments:

  1. So glad you and Malena have had a chance to enjoy some “normalcy”. We are all here for you and love you. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you provide the name and/or link to the Gofundme page? I'd love to help a fellow melanoma warrior. Hugs🖤❤🖤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,

    Here’s the link: gf.me/u/pkvfkc

    I hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see Malena smile. Keeping Alli, you and Malena in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete