Monday, October 1, 2018

check in day at the oncologist + good thoughts for mary

today was check-in day for me at the oncologist.

bloodwork first.

appointment second.

my bloodwork looked good but my potassium continues to be low. even after we doubled it after the last visit. that might be adding to my fatigue. so now we are doubling it again to see if that helps.

next up is scans next friday.

then comes the results on the following monday the 15th. so start sending the good vibes my way please.

the side effects continue.

my joints hurt pretty bad. some days i need the cane to walk. some days i don't. just taking it day by day. but i am pretty much hurting 24/7 it is just a question of which joints hurt the worst on any particular day.

my hair continues to fall out in clumps. my scalp is so sore even to the touch. i don't have any bald spots quite yet but it will just be a matter of time. some days i wear hats to work just because i get mentally tired of seeing my hair fall out onto my clothes even when i am not touching it.

fatigue continues to be rough. so tired all the time. there are times when i just can't keep my eyes open any longer (not when i am driving - don't worry, but at home). i pretty much want to nap all the time but life doesn't work that way unfortunately.

i also want to ask that you start kicking up the vibes for my melahomey mary in wisconsin as she goes in for her pet scan on october 5th and we need to ensure that melanoma does not show up anywhere. then she will have discussions on treatment and how to keep the black beast from coming back. so get those vibes, prayers and mojo going for her please.

sorry that i have been so quiet here. 

i never mean to and then the days roll by.

hope that you all had a good monday and your weeks are off to a good start. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment