Sunday, January 7, 2018

mend



i have chosen "mend" as my word for 2018 (if you have a word of the year, you can get a heart talisman made with your word by going to my friend liz's soul mantras shop, and you can also enroll in my friend ali's one little word class).

i feel like there are a million ways that i could/need to mend this year, and so it seemed like the right word for me to carry through this year.

hands down, 2017 was the hardest year of my life and it ended on an especially tough run with the loss of my grandma and my friend greta within a week of each other over the holidays.

i have a lot of ways that i intend to mend this year and had intended to write about that in this post. but i have come down with the cold that everyone else in the world has and it has just totally wiped me out. so those will be words to fill another post soon.

during the holidays (the day after christmas at 7am - no rest of the weary) i had another treatment and all of my blood work was looking good. my next treatment is on wednesday of this week (for some reason this week my treatment is off its regular monday schedule).

i will then have scans on the 19th, and results on monday the 22nd and treatment pending the results (which my anxiety is already very high about). so that is life the next two weeks medically for me.

this weekend greta's family (see previous post if you need a reference) celebrated her life and she was on my mind all weekend as was her family. please continue to send her husband wallace and their son traz love and prayers as they find their way forward without her physically with them each day.

monday is the cancerversary for my friend beth. even after the years that have gone by, i still remember her calling me like it was yesterday. i will never forget where i was or what i was doing or her voice when i answered. ever. so please send her your love and prayers tomorrow too because as you know from reading my blog, these anniversary dates are so hard emotionally to get through.

more to come from me soon, i hope that all of your new years are off to a great start.

happy 2018 peeps.

++important sidenote 1: for the awesome person that sent me the starbucks sets of cups, thank you - thank you - thank you. there was no note and so i am not sure if that was intentional or not, but i am hoping you read this and know that i got them and love them. thank you. xo
++ important sidenote 2: thank you to everyone who sends me happy mail, i have not been able to thank you all individually. yet. but know that i get the mail, i love it, and i appreciate you for sending it (insert huge heart emoji here).

No comments:

Post a Comment