Wednesday, October 19, 2011

hump day

hump day is drawing to a close. all in all, a good day. my mri results came back and they showed no indication of what is causing the pain. so good in that like the other scans it didn't show a problem, unfortunate in that the mystery pain continues on my right side. i can get some meds to help more with the pain, but i am very tired of having anything other than food put into my body at this point. so i will see how it goes for a while longer and maybe the pain will stop paying attention to me and will quietly move on. that strategy didn't work so well with the nightmares. maybe i am due, definitely feels like i have been paying my dues.

speaking of being due, today i did something i never do. i took half of the work day off and hung out with my friend christina in olympia. while others were working, we took off after a morning meeting and had a long lunch (including some very good tasting wine), shopped, and then had some dinner. such a great time. lots of laughs. both of us scored some cute new clothes which i have to say look pretty cute on us;) hands down, the best wednesday afternoon i can remember having in a really, really long time...ever maybe. thank you christina for being my cohort in leaving early, my laugh buddy, my clothes enthusiast, my burnt creme splitter, my shop guider...most importantly, thank you for being my friend.

on my drive home, i thought about how nice it was to step out of that work routine for even a few hours and just take a breath. i made a promise to myself that i will do that more often. i feel time moving faster now than ever before, and i don't plan on "i'll do that tomorrow"s any longer. i feel like i can hear a clock ticking in my head at times, and each second on the clock is like a banging drum that i hear loud and clear counting down the time i have left.

at one of the stores today, i found a pad of stationary that i had to have - coincidently, it is this one and i didn't realize it was from sugarboo designs (which i have blogged about before) until i got home. no wonder i love it so much. one of the quotes on the pad says "one life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can" (frederick buechner).

i couldn't agree more. here is to more time off, long lunches, unexpected treasures, and time for the things that really matter. can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment