Wednesday, February 14, 2018

she was ours + he hung the stars + she needs our support


things have been quiet in this space.

i think mostly because i continue to grieve the loss of two of the most prominent women in my life and my friend greta. and i grieve the news we got on the latest scans. and i deal with all kinds of potential realities for us that those last scans brought.  and all of the side effects that i deal with. and in between all of the grief and anxiety and side effects, life goes on.

this last weekend we laid my grandma to rest. it was a beautiful day, blue sky and gorgeous. i think that she ordered that one up just for us. it was a day surrounded by family and recounting our memories of her, there were so many special things that made her ours. 

the following day, we celebrated my dad's 73rd birthday. and because all of us kids (and grandkids and great-grandkids) were home we all got to celebrate my dad's birthday together which was special. grandma ordered up another blue sky day for him and we got to celebrate and laugh with him. him and i took this picture before we headed home, and i wore my "grateful" sweatshirt on that day because i am grateful for him (and my mom) for probably no less than one million different reasons. the card i got him said "my dad hung all the stars, and then held me up so i could reach them." i couldn't have wrote a more perfect card myself, he continues to hold me up every day.

my friend lisa starts her radiation for breast cancer on monday. she goes five days a week for four weeks straight. thanks to everyone who has already responded that you would like to be in on the happy mail campaign for lisa. you all rock. and it is not too late by any means - if you would like to make a cancer fighter's day a little bit better as she fights through daily radiation, get in touch with me so we can add you to the list and give you all the logistics. for those of you that have already let me know you are in (thank you!!!), info coming your way shortly.

thank you in advance, i know she really appreciates knowing this campaign is being done for her.

i hope that you all had a great valentine's day. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment